- Full Time
The Tooling & Industrial Engineering team is responsible for the development and proliferation of custom tooling and service process to assist in the rapid development and maintenance of Tesla’s Energy storage and charging solutions. This skilled and motivated individual will keep pushing this evolving energy industry forward by developing custom service processes for all energy products.
The ideal candidate has a good mix of mechanical, electrical and process engineering skills and possesses a strong set of hands-on prototyping skills. General requirements are:
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Positive attitude, eagerness to learn, ability to change direction quickly.
- Great mechanical fabrication & electrical prototyping skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain a positive report with stakeholders from multiple areas, as this position works closely with field service engineering, program management and product design team.
- Should have flexibility to work on projects with aggressive timeline and rapidly changing priority.
- Ability to figure out complex mechanical/electrical assembly/disassembly process.
This is an opportunity to become part of a fast-growing world-class organization, supporting the latest commercial energy technologies. We are setting the standard that will continue to transform and revolutionize the commercial energy industry.
- 2-4+ years of proven hands on mechanical or electrical assembly, design or process development experience
- Ability to understand and document the assembly/disassembly process of large complex mechanical, electro-mechanical sub-assemblies
- Rapidly iterate service processes based on field learnings
- Collaborate and communicate with project stakeholders across program management, field support, customers, EHS, technical publications, service engineering, product design, etc.
- Hands on experience of troubleshooting complex mechanical and electrical systems and assemblies.
- Basic understanding of mechanical/electrical design fundamentals.
- Familiarity with lab equipment (Milling Machine, Welding, borescope, oscilloscopes, electronic loads, signal generators, etc.)
- Experience with battery technology.
- Previous work in the solar, energy storage, electric vehicle, or electric vehicle charging industry.
- Experience of working in process (cycle time) efficiency improvement project.