Engineer definition and execution of material flow design, analyzing and
optimizing Material conveyance to support Material Handling, production,
warehouse, layouts, and processes related to production of all Tesla products.
We are looking for a talented and highly motivated individual who can create
systematic workflows to unlock efficient material flows, drives business
process, high throughput capabilities and operating models throughout our
organization. This team is responsible for supporting all physical engineering
needs of the Production Control team, including designing mechanisms for all
material flow aspects from receiving, metering, including order fulfillment
through sequencing and kitting, with solutions to safety and ergonomic hazards
and Line Side Material Presentation. Successful members of the team will
be highly proactive and self-sufficient in pursuing improvement projects, be
able to multitask and refocus efforts immediately to meet constantly shifting
demands in a fast-paced environment, and have exceptional organizational skills
to coordinate changes with all affected teams.
- Collaborate with stakeholder teams like Operations,
Manufacturing Engineering, Warehousing, IT Systems Developers, GA Process
Engineering, Material Planning to prioritize and maximize operational
efficiency of Production Control Operations team
- Design and optimize material flow conveyance routes,
facility layouts, Line Side Display by analyzing bottlenecks and buffer sizes
using process modeling
- Lead and own PFEP standardization and adoption of
processes through the entire value stream of material flow
- Develop Static simulation models for all processes
including receiving, staging, Sequence, kitting for conveyance productive
materials to the assembly line
- Analyze and improve material flow processes from the
network of external warehouses to the point of use optimizing for space, cost,
and service levels reducing NVAA
- Develop business cases for improvement projects such
as material handling – touch reduction, automation support etc., with a focus
on workforce planning and management.
- Create documentation for training materials such as
job cards, standard work, and standard operating procedures.
- Bachelor degree in Industrial engineering or similar,
Supply Chain Management or equivalent (Desirable Master Degree)
- 2+ years of experience in managing supply chain operations,
logistics, or manufacturing
- Knowledge of lean principles, logistics business
systems, pre-determined motion and time standards.
- Advanced skills in Excel, SQL or other analytical
tools for data mining and analysis.
- Work efficiently and productively in independent and
- Demonstrated talent for implementing process flow
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, or similar 2D CAD software.
- Previous World Class Manufacturing and Material