The Process Engineer is
responsible for analyzing and optimizing conveyance, material handling, and
warehouse flow, layouts, and processes related to production of all Tesla
products. We are looking for a talented and highly motivated individual to
join the PC Engineering Team. This team is responsible for supporting all
physical and systematic engineering needs of the Production Control Team,
including designing mechanisms for part transport and staging and solutions to
safety and ergonomic hazards, as well as leading warehouse and process
improvement, and new warehouse, process, and product launch projects. Successful members of the team will be highly proactive and self-sufficient in
pursuing improvement projects, be able to multitask and refocus efforts
immediately to meet constantly shifting demands in a fast paced environment,
and have exceptional organizational skills to coordinate changes with all
- Lead inventory management in new part introduction.
- Develop and lead change control management including material
flow, materials, and systems.
- Analyze and improve processes with a focus on lean
optimization – Analysis includes dock, storage and manpower.
- Support warehouse and process adjustments for improvement and
space availability changes. Analysis includes warehouse densification
projects due to volume changes by car segment.
- Coordinate change readiness with cross functional teams
including Supply Chain, Material Planning, and New Part
- Understand process capabilities through critical data
analysis and in depth understanding of the product.
- Identify risks, isolate problems, and create countermeasures
against material and material flow risks during pilot phase.
- Develop business cases for part and/or process optimization
by project improvements such as external warehousing, variant reduction,
- Direct workflow for changes and develop training for
- Create documentation for training materials such as job
cards, standard work, and standard operating procedures.
- Gather part data for inventory and database accuracy. Develop
and maintain the plan for every part from supplier to point of use.
- Bachelor of Science or higher in engineering, mathematics, or
- 3-5 years of Process Engineering experience
- Data collection and analysis experience. Ability
to develop data driven root cause analysis and solutions.
- Strong problem solving skills and an aptitude for learning
- Strong ability to work and communicate effectively (verbal
and written) with team and peers within a manufacturing and engineering
- Work efficiently and productively in independent and team
- Communicate clearly using excellent written and verbal
- Demonstrated talent for implementing process flow
- Proficiency in AutoCAD 2015, or similar 2D CAD software.
- Experience with Bill of Materials referencing and
- Familiarity with asset database management and manipulation.
- Knowledge of Tableau and dashboard creation preferred.
- Ability to program with SQL.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Visio.