Location: Gigafactory Berlin-Brandenburg, Grünheide (Mark)
Duration: 6 months
Start date: September 2022
The internship assignment
Tesla builds and operates Gigafactory Berlin-Brandenburg (GFBB hereafter), a production facility for electric vehicles and battery cells in Grünheide (Mark), creating approximately 12,000 local jobs and providing an anticipated capacity to produce 500,000 electric passenger cars and 50GWh of storage capacity per year. GFBB is a cornerstone of Tesla’s mission to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy as well as Tesla’s goal to make every new factory more sustainable.
Under the supervision of the Policy & Development Manager, the GFBB Policy & Community Outreach Intern will work on strengthening the relations to the local community and support further development of GFBB in and with its environment.
In your role you will primarily focus on conceptualizing, preparing, and conducting community outreach to relevant local and regional stakeholders, including relevant local governments (municipalities and counties), NGOs, citizens, schools, universities and other. You will provide both content input as well as elaborate on accessible formats for citizens to partake in and learn about the technological and production innovations of GFBB.
Furthermore, you will support the Government Relations & Policy team’s analytical and research work.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, creative, analytical individual willing to work in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
Learning goals & tasks
- Expand ability to analyze policies, technological topics relevant to Tesla’s production technologies and products and translate them into information accessible to a large audience
- Strengthen and sharpen structural and organizational skills for complex, multi-stakeholder projects
- Expand ability to build relationships with relevant external stakeholders at all relevant levels, including industry, non-governmental organizations, and institutions in policy areas relevant to Tesla, including but not limited to electric vehicles and industrial development
- Further develop overall communication skills by liaising with internal and external stakeholders
- Deepen understanding and experience of the development of sustainable industry projects
- Positive energy and motivation to understand problems, drive solutions and think collectively;
- Project management skills, including strong ability to work across parallel issues and teams as well as strong problem-solving skills and being a fast learner
- Great interpersonal and communication skills and being comfortable with situations where outcomes are vague
- Detail-oriented and well-organized self-starter with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- A strong work ethic, adaptability to change and ability to self-manage in a fast-paced environment with geographically diverse, global colleagues
- Fluent German and fluent English are a must; deep roots in the region a plus
- Maximum empathy towards our partners in the region, and maximum drive to find solutions that work for everyone
- Interest and ability to interact with various levels of internal and external stakeholders
- Interest in Tesla’s mission to accelerate the transition to sustainable energy
- BA/BS degree in Political sciences, Economics, Environment, Business Administration or similar; or equivalent professional, personal, or volunteering experience in fields relevant to Tesla and evidence of exceptional ability