finish skill and technique, works with little or no direction to polish and
hold tolerances &, high quality required as needed to accomplish assigned
PRIMARY DUTIES AND
- Polish cylindrical parts made of Tool steel, Stainless
steel & Aluminum, using all necessary machine attachments to make
- Polishing parts to required surface finishes as
required or indicated such as Ra8, Ra4.
- Advanced polishing techniques, ability to bring
surfaces to SPI A-1 finishes.
- Operates various types of polishing equipment
(Profilers, sonic polishers, stones) to complete assignment as required.
Select polishing tools, holding fixtures, stones and compounds, for all
kinds of metals and pieces to be worked.
- Works from and interprets blueprints to achieve
- Provide backup for Sandblasting, Belt Sanding &
- Assists in the estimating, planning, and timely
completion of assigned work.
- Helping with other shop tasks as required
- Identify key areas of improvement in our system and
communicate these effectively to management, including identifying and
- Regular reporting of progress to the management team,
both verbally and through written reports.
- Maintains the work area through good housekeeping and
safety practice in accordance to 5S standards.
- Consistently challenge oneself to improve on process
- Able to work with minimal supervision.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
AA / technical
apprenticeship, or 5+ years’ experience in a technical tool making role.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as full time Mold Polisher
in a manufacturing environment or other high precision mold making
environment working with all types of surface finishes up to and including
- Ability to work to scheduled completion dates.
- Able to problem solve, be creative in methods required
to achieve desired finishes
- Using polishing stones, emery & different polishing
- Possess a strong attention to detail
- Excellent communications skills, both written and oral
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety
rules, and operating procedures.
- Must have the ability to write routine reports and
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers
or employees of organization is required.
To perform this job
successfully, an individual should:
- Be competent with use of personal computers and related
software is desirable, with a knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and/or
- Possess excellent Communication (Technical, Oral, and
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry
out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete
variables in standardized situations
The physical demands
described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the
duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is
frequently required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to stand.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment
characteristics described here are representative of those an employee
encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform
the essential functions.
Required to follow
safety rules when operating machine equipment and assembling molds and mold
assemblies. Follow Corporate and Departmental Environmental Quality, and Safety
Programs; including the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) such as ear
plugs, safety glasses, badges, and steel toe shoes as applicable.