Tesla Motors is looking for an experienced Parts Advisor to work on one of the most progressive vehicle brands in the world. This position requires a significant amount of customer interaction, so the ideal candidate will not only possess the customer service acumen, but also the ability to provide a basic level of technical support service. The role will require travel as needed and directed by management. If you are interested in becoming a part of a world-class service team supporting the latest EV technology, we are interested in hearing from you.
· Answer phone calls, emails and drive-ins to address any customer concern with the highest level of response and attention.
· Return missed phone calls and emails promptly – 5 minutes or less.
· Receive stock, pick, ship and transact materials inventory to support the needs of vehicle service.
· Accurately record parts transactions and data into Dealer Management System – attention to detail critical.
· Conduct Transactions w/ systems; walk customer through order and provide summary.
· Escalate any issues that need to be addressed to correct any inbound packaging issues from our internal and external suppliers.
· Maintain records of time, expenses and materials.
· Communicate estimated parts ship and arrival time, including regular updates.
· Follow up with customer on parts order and ensure complete satisfaction with the order.
· Perform other related duties as assigned.
· Help maintain cleanliness of service center.
· Effectively handle multiple priorities, organize workload, and meet deadlines.
· Pick up and deliver parts using full size van and 20ft trailer.
· Knowledge of methods, techniques, parts, tools and materials used in the maintenance and repair of vehicles.
· Understanding of basic automotive techniques related to repair and servicing of automobiles.
· Experience in automotive equipment and servicing methods.
· Dealer Business Process and Best Practice.
· DMS Systems, SAP, MS Office Suite.
· 1-3 yrs experience in the automotive industry, 2-5 years material service and distribution experience.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as the ability to follow instructions required.
· Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work, including the public.
· Maintain and perform top-level professional integrity and appearance as a parts advisor.
· ASE Certification a plus.
· Degree or Certificate from a University program in Automotive Technology a plus.
· Dealer automotive service experience a plus.
Must be of legal age to operate a motor vehicle and maintain a valid driver’s license and an acceptable and safe driving record