At Tesla, our Energy Commercial Parts Advisors play an important role in service operations, offering fundamental support to both Technicians and customers in our mission to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy.
As a Parts Advisor, you will provide critical parts support to the technicians and warehouse; liaise with other departments, as well as focus on continuous development of your skills. We create some of the most innovative products ever made and you will help ensure an equally innovative service to customers.
To succeed at Tesla, you must be a self-starter, highly organized, and hard working. You should have a passion for the brand and the ability to thrive in a team environment.
• Source parts from distribution centers and other energy warehouses and allocate them to commercial service appointments
• Monitor inventory within the parts system, complete daily stock counts, and communicate parts updates and availability with relevant team members
• Review upcoming appointments and ensure that parts are available or ordered to correct locations. Appointments are properly prepared and documented in our system for scheduling
• Actively replenish van stock and 3rd party warehouse locations
• Prepare internal orders for shipment to other Tesla locations
• Proactively maintain automated inventory replenishment lists
• Collaborate across organization and communicate parts updates and availability
• Pick up and transport parts using van and/or forklift
• Process and return warranty part shipments for quality assurance including handling hazardous materials and high-voltage batteries
• Systematically receive, inspect, and put away stock and special-order parts
• Maintain access and accountability of inventoried parts
• Manage proper disposal of old parts and hazardous material
• Manage specialized tools used by Field Service
• Manage safety equipment and personal protection equipment (PPE) inventory
• Additional responsibilities as assigned to meet business needs
• Excellent communication skills and ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships with both internal stakeholders and customers
• Ability to thrive in a team-based environment and achieve common goals
• Be able to complete tasks with little to no supervision
• Trustworthy and driven self-starter
• Effectively handle multiple priorities, organize workload, and meet deadlines
• Positive, enthusiastic, and willing to learn about the changes in Tesla products and services Able to read, speak and understand English, both written and verbal
• Able to speak, understand, read, and write effectively in the English language
• Proficient in MS Office and able to learn new systems and tools. Able to obtain forklift certification within 3 months of employment and retain certification every 3 years.
• Ability to travel to other warehouses or Tesla sites as needed
• Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving history
• Follow all environmental health and safety requirements
• Report events (injury, illnesses, property equipment damage, auto, environmental release, etc.) immediately to direct manager
· High School diploma or the equivalent in experience
• Ability to perform physically demanding work for extended periods of time, up to 12 hours a day including but not limited to:
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. and carry material;
• Repetitively climb stairs, bend, kneel, push, pull, crouch, and reach inside vehicles/warehouses
• Ability to find issues in a work process and receive safety signals using sight, touch, and hearing;
• Work around confined spaces and manage chemicals;
• Wear required PPE, including but not limited to safety glasses, safety shoes, hard hats, hi-vis vest, and follow all environmental health and safety guidelines.