- The Metrology technician at Gigafactory will work as a member of the Metrology group in the Quality organization. He/she will be assigned to operate and/or program a metrology equipment on regular basis. The technician role will be to help root cause analysis using their metrology equipment as well as running part sampling and In-Process checks done daily. It will require repetitive work on daily basis.
- · BS Degree or equivalent experience.
· Flexible hours
· 2 or more years’ experience in a metrology or quality role operating and programming CMM or Portable CMM, preferred
· Previous electro-mechanical inspection background with the ability to use basic hand measurement tools (calipers, micrometers, thread gauges etc.) preferred
· Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
· Ability to read and interpret basic mechanical drawings (including GD&T), preferred
· Ability to give presentations and prepare technical reports
· Experience with at least one Metrology software (Polyworks, Calypso, PC-DMIS or GOM)