- Battery Cells are the common denominator for every Tesla product. Our product requirements necessitate ground-up cell architectures with state-of-the-art performance, manufactured at volumes that are orders of magnitude higher than the products they power. We are looking for passionate and self-motivated candidates to join us in our fast-paced and exciting mission. Our team works with engineering groups across various disciplines, requiring strong communication skills and a team-first mentality. You will work alongside seasoned industry experts, high aptitude recent graduates, and people from every stage in between. We look for anyone with an exceptional ability to solve problems in both individual and team settings.
The Role Tesla is looking for a highly motivated process metrology engineer to maintain existing systems and perform gap analysis to drive targeted production goals. This role will partner with the development team on new applications, methods, scale up and optimize Machine Vision Inspection Systems and methods for battery manufacturing within a cross-functional engineering team responsible for the development lifecycle and launch into manufacturing. In this role, you will work closely with many organizations both internal and external to Tesla to take new battery designs through full production.
- Engineering degree in relevant discipline or direct experience in broad applications of metrology in lab or production settings
- Expert in metrology development and fundamentals of the methodology, gage capability, process capability.
- Familiarity with various approaches to data collection and query
- Expertise with at least one statistical software package (e.g. JMP, Minitab,…)
- Expertise in various forms of data visualization and related software (e.g. Python Seaborn, Python Plotly, MATLAB, Tableau,…)
- Proficient in statistical process control and tolerance analysis concepts
- Proficient in GD&T and component specification best practices