Disclaimer: This position is expected to start around January 2023 and continue through the entire Winter/Spring term (i.e. through April/May) or into early Summer 2023 if available. We ask for a minimum of 12 weeks, full-time, for most internships. Please consider before applying.
International Students: If your work authorization is through CPT, please consult your school on your ability to work 40 hours per week before applying. Again, please do not apply until you know you can work 40 hours per week. Many students will be limited to part-time during the academic year.
Internship Program at Tesla
The Internship Recruiting Team is driven by the passion to recognize and develop emerging talent. Our year-round program places the best students in positions where they will grow technically, professionally, and personally through their experience working closely with their Manager, Mentor, and team. We are dedicated to providing an experience that allows the intern to experience life at Tesla by including them in projects that are critical to their team’s success. Instead of going on coffee runs and making copies, our interns have a seat at the table and make critical decisions that will influence not only their team, but the overall achievement of Tesla’s mission.
About the team
The Tesla Energy Projects team is responsible for the successful deployment and management of Tesla’s cutting-edge Energy Systems; Powerwall, Powerpack, Megapack, Solar, Solar Roof, Supercharger. Working with internal engineering teams and external partners, the Applications Engineering team ensures successful deployment of these products into new applications, from initial validation through productization.
• Currently working towards a degree in a relevant program such as Mechatronics, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Software Engineering, Engineering Physics
• A passion for sustainable energy
• A bias for action
• High proficiency in at least 1 programming language (Ideally Python or Golang)
• Remain engaged, proactive, and positive while solving very challenging problems
• Understanding of electromechanical system fundamentals and associated dynamics
• Proficiency in making basic electrical measurements with a multimeter
• Ability to troubleshoot connectivity issues in TCP/IP networks
• Ability to run lab tests, interpret data and draw conclusions about system performance
• Ability to diagnose issues with electrical systems.
• Experience with designing and installing electrical wiring in a lab environment
• Familiarity with Linux servers & bash/shell scripting