We are currently hiring a goal-oriented Hostler at Gigafactory Nevada. Hook-up driver, yard spotter drives trucks or tractors to and from vehicle parking and docking area to move, position, and park 53’ trailers. Move production material trailers on request to fulfill the just-in-time delivery method. Spots (positions) loaded and unloaded trailers at assigned dock space for unloading or loading, using tractor. Document all moves using the yard/trailer management system, and communicates all moves to warehouse.
* Tesla Mission Driven
* High School diploma or equivalent, or evidence of exceptional ability
* Must have strong command of the English language, both written and verbal
* Must be reliable, have good initiative, be committed, and be quality focused
* Ability to lift 30-50 lbs. on a daily basis
* Ability to work with a team and in a fast-paced environment
* Ability to stand, walk, and climb to enter and exit out of road and switcher tractor, on a frequent basis
* Ability to operate sit-down forklift
* Ability to manually crank landing gear daily on a frequent basis
* Ability to reach at different heights (4-5 ft.) to repetitively open and close trailer doors
* Endure and safely operate in extreme weather and climate conditions (outdoor work)
* Must be reliable, have good initiative, committed, and quality focused
* Current forklift certification strongly preferred
* A valid U.S. driver’s license and acceptable driving record (subject to review)
* CDL preferred, but not required
* Must be able to work as assigned both outdoors and indoors, including in a warehouse environment.
* Must have a safe driving record.
* Must have experience using a sit-down forklift, preferably within the last year.