- Full Time
Tesla is seeking a highly motivated Manufacturing Engineer to develop and engineer new processes and high-volume automation equipment with the Rotor team in Austin, TX. These production lines include highly automated manufacturing systems to assemble Permanent Magnet and Induction Rotors. The Manufacturing Engineer works closely with Tesla’s internal Product Design, Operations, Global Supply Management (Purchasing), Facilities, Production and Quality Engineering teams and coordinates cross-functional design activities with equipment suppliers to develop new Drive Unit manufacturing equipment. The Manufacturing Engineers assume full ownership of the process equipment from design, purchase and build through the technical transfer of the line’s tools to Tesla Operations, qualifying them for use with the highest standards of safety, quality, and output.
- Experience with SolidWorks and AutoCAD or other 2D/3D CAD software
- Experience working with automation systems, robotics and PLCs
- Strong hands-on experience with high-volume and pilot manufacturing
- Proven track record of data driven methodology to solve complex problems
- Good knowledge of project management tools
- BS Degree in Mechanical or Mechatronics Engineering or 2+ years relevant experience