The Cell Manufacturing Engineering team at Tesla is looking for a highly-motivated Sr. Manufacturing Engineer to contribute to the development and ramp of cell manufacturing equipment and processes for our cutting-edge Tesla Energy Batteries. The Battery is one of the most complex and challenging components designed and manufactured at Tesla. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to Tesla’s world class manufacturing facilities. Tesla is a demanding and fast-paced environment where you will work on a critical subsystem of an incredibly exciting product. In addition to developing working on ramping the line the Manufacturing Engineer works with cross-functional teams to test, validate, and roll-out equipment to production. The ideal candidate takes pride in their hands-on work, analytical ability, organizational skills and attention to detail. They appreciate an environment where superior work is encouraged, noticed and rewarded and where individuals carry tremendous responsibility. They look forward to learning an incredible amount on the job.
- Either a BS with 5+ years’ relevant experience or an MS in mechanical engineering, manufacturing engineering, or equivalent.
- Evidence of exceptional ability.
- 2 or more years of experience in a production environment and/or proven manufacturing development track record.
- A passion to implement and work on ramping a manufacturing line including experience with mechanical automation equipment, robots, design of electromechanical systems, PLCs, motion controls
- Experience with roll to roll or web handling equipment and processes
- Position will offer unique and complex engineering challenges that require persistence, innovative thinking and a positive attitude
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, occasionally requiring extended hours.
- Proven ability to operate under pressure while managing multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Experience with semi-automated / automated manufacturing equipment a plus.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Aptitude to learn and incorporate new technologies.