Manage a team of equipment maintenance technicians that are responsible for equipment availability, and performance. Perform preventative maintenance and repair on a variety of electro-mechanical, robotic, and pneumatic manufacturing equipment. Develop and maintain maintenance and calibration schedules for all tools, machinery and equipment used in the manufacturing facility. Perform supporting activities for engineering and manufacturing including 5S and Lean manufacturing activities, material handling improvements, production line configuration, and safety procedures. Manage workload with a positive attitude as a hands-on team player in a collaborative work environment.
- Supervision of hourly maintenance technicians. This is a hands-on working supervisor role.
- Manpower management: day to day line support; in-house equipment maintenance repair work; vacation scheduling; OT & weekend work scheduling.
- Defining daily tasks and setting directions for the team
- Interaction with Production and Engineering Groups
- Standard development and creation of procedure and methods
- Project management: both internal maintenance projects, and minor contractor projects.
- Procedures & PMs, develop & maintain proper documentation of: all necessary procedures; periodic maintenance tasks; equipment changes (electrical, spare parts upgrades, mechanical), etc.
Requirements: the ideal candidate will have/be:
- 5+ years of experience in supervision and leadership
- 5+ years of extensive experience with trouble-shooting and correcting industrial equipment maintenance – breakdowns and failures.
- Robotic and controls programming skills
- Maintenance experience in the automotive industry a plus
- Project management experience.
- Proficient in using a CMMS database