- Tesla is seeking an experienced Machine Vision System Engineer to apply their experience in Machine Vision Inspection Systems to cutting-edge manufacturing equipment and high-speed manufacturing processes. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to Tesla’s cutting-edge battery cell manufacturing line and to apply innovative automation solutions to equipment for manufacturing of Tesla batteries.
This role will manage daily activities of existing systems to drive targeted results within production. This role will partner with the development team on new applications, scale up and optimize Machine Vision Inspection Systems and methods for battery manufacturing within a cross-functional engineering. In this role, you will work closely with many organizations both internal and external to Tesla, taking new battery designs from initial concept through into full production.
The battery cell is a critical component in Tesla vehicles and storage systems. This role will have the opportunity to make meaningful contributions to our products. The work environment is demanding, fast-paced and incredibly exciting. The ideal candidate should be ready to push their limits, as they join in highly motivated and capable team to make unbelieve things into reality.
- BS, MS or PhD in mechanical, electrical, computer science or another engineering discipline, with 3 to 5 years of Machine Vision Systems experience in automation equipment.
- Strong understanding of engineering fundamentals and ability to apply them towards manufacturing process development.
- Superior practical knowledge in selection of cameras, lenses, optics, lighting, and other hardware for image capture and processing.
- Strong analytical, mathematical, and statistical background and ability to understand and explain theory behind vision system algorithms.
- Experience with the following systems:
– Keyence XG, IV, CV, SR systems.
– Cognex Insight, Vidi, and DataMan systems.
– Halcon (HDevelop) vision library.
- Proven experience as a C# .NET Developer.
- Availability to support our 24/7 production operation as needed.