The Lead Remanufacturing Technician reports to the Team Supervisor. He/She is responsible for determining the root failures of complex electromechanical assemblies and be a guide for repairing/remanufacturing those products to specification. The Lead Reman Tech work with engineers and technicians to identify new failure modes, implement corrective/preventive actions, help develop new repair instructions, and work to hand-written and verbal instructions when necessary. Lead Reman Techs teaches how to use precision measurement devices, hand tools, and computer-based electrical test equipment and databases to analyze and repair product and subassemblies. A Lead Reman Tech should be comfortable identifying known issues, and should be able to apply critical thinking skills to determine potential new issues.
* Associate degree preferred.
* Minimum 5 years experience in assembly and repair of electro-mechanical components or electric motors.
* Working knowledge of high voltage DC battery systems, or basic electronics and DC electrical systems.
* Proficient with hand tools and computer-based tools, including precision measuring equipment, electrical test equipment, and computer databases.
* Experience with semi-automated manufacturing equipment is highly desirable.
* Ability to read and understand manufacturing instructions, electrical diagrams, and mechanical drawings.
* Good command of the English language, both written and verbal.
* Proficient with computer tools, including Word, Excel, QuickBase, and Outlook.
* Must be reliable, innovative, committed, a self-starter, and quality focused.
* Ability to perform repetitious duties while standing for long periods.
* Ability to lift 30-50 lbs