- The Lead Installer will be part of Tesla’s Field Energy Operations team. As a leader at Tesla, the Lead Installer will continuously model to others Tesla standards and responsibilities including policy compliance, quality standards, and efficiency goals. The ideal candidate will work cooperatively with team members to successfully complete the installation and maintenance of energy products safely and on time.
- Experience in roof work, general construction, or carpentry preferred
- Extensive knowledge of electrical wiring and equipment
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to read building plans and equipment manuals
- Ability to safely handle power tools and materials such as: ladders, inverters, solar panels, panel boards, batteries, and other similar electrical equipment, lumber, roofing materials, etc.
- Able to bend conduit unassisted.
- Excellent customer service and strong written and verbal communication skills
- Computer skills preferred
- Excellent attendance is essential for the team to achieve success
- Ability to work well with others in a collaborative team environment
- Travel is mandatory and will vary dependent on business need. Employees must be able to travel for up to 2 weeks at a time, several times a year, to various locations within the US.
- Valid Driver’s License Required
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Vocational or technical school training preferred
- Previous related experience preferred
- Must be able to work at great heights including on rooftops, climbing ladders, and stairs
- Must be able to work in extreme environments (example: hot sun, cold, crawl spaces, attic etc.)
- Prolonged periods of repetitious duties including lifting, bending, and standing for long periods
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds frequently
As a full time Tesla employee you will receive full benefits from day 1 for you and your dependents.
· Kaiser and United Healthcare PPO and HSA plans (including infertility coverage)
· 3 medical plan choices with $0 paycheck contribution
· Vision & dental plans (including orthodontic coverage)
· Company paid Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability
· 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plans, and other financial benefits
· Employee Assistance Program, Paid Time Off, and Paid Holidays
· Back-up childcare and employee discounts
Candidates must successfully complete and pass MVR background check