- Tesla is looking for a highly motivated associate manager to provide operational leadership for the Quality analytical chemistry, materials testing, and failure analysis laboratory supporting our cutting-edge Tesla battery cell manufacturing program. This role is responsible for effective laboratory operations including staffing, training, facilities management, and providing technical guidance for quality and analytical processes for a multidiscipline lab team supporting battery cell manufacturing. This role works closely with Tesla’s Design, Operations, Manufacturing Engineering, and Quality Engineering teams to coordinate cross-functional activities that improve laboratory operations with the highest standards of safety, quality, and output.
Battery cell manufacturing is a critical component for Tesla vehicles and storage systems. This role will have the opportunity to make meaningful contributions to our products. The work environment is demanding, fast-paced and incredibly exciting. The ideal candidate should be ready to push their limits, as they join in highly motivated and capable team.
- Desired Qualifications:
* Masters (or BS with significant experience) in a relevant science (e.g. Chemistry, Metallurgy, etc)
* 5+ years of experience in relevant quality lab management positions
* Proven ability to build and lead a strong technical team in a lab environment
* Experience successfully implementing quality control systems
* Demonstrated expertise in physical and chemical analytics, method development/validation, and quality controls
* Previous operation and interpretation experience with materials analysis equipment including: SEM/EDX, DSC, XRF, metallographs, and Instron mechanical test systems
* Previous experience with operation and interpretation of Chromatography or Spectrometry instrumentation including: GCMS, ICP(OES or MS), LC, IC, and FT-IR
* Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize in highly dynamic production environment
* Detailed-oriented, able to work both independently and in a collaborative project-focused environment, prompt and dependable, and excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Proficient in data analysis/interpretation and presentation of experimental data
* Prior experience with battery manufacturing and testing associated cells and raw materials
* Able to work well under pressure while managing competing demands and tight deadlines