- Tesla is accelerating the world’s transition to sustainable energy. Revolutionary strategies and products were developed within a few years and successfully launched on a large scale. This is only possible through extraordinary speed, innovation and efficiency.
Gigafactory Berlin forms the perfect basis for rolling out Tesla’s incredible success story in Europe. The most important pillar for this are our employees. Their passion, motivation and engagement ensure that we achieve our goals. We are looking for you to continue and expand this success story together.
Tesla is seeking a Controls Engineer on the Drive Unit team to be part of a world-class team of engineers responsible for designing, building and sustaining the automation and robotic equipment at the Tesla factories. As a Controls Engineer, you are responsible for implementing equipment controls solutions projects. This includes implementation of automated equipment such as conveyance, robotics, test equipment, vision inspection, etc. Controls Engineers own the design, programming, commissioning and review process of the project as well as additional functions such as auditing, installation and safety assessment.
- Degree as Bachelor specialized in Electrical, Mechanical or Mechatronics Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- Basic PLC programming skills
- Able to use common hand tools and diagnostic instruments such as multi-meters
- Industrial network and fieldbus topologies
- Required to be fluent/good in German and English
- Able to work under pressure in the presence of stakeholders
Nice to Have
- Good written and spoken German skills
- Robot programming skills
- Electrical design experience (EPLAN)
- HMI programming experience – WinCC, Ignition
- Understanding of databases (SQL) and various program languages (Java, Python)
- Professional experience in Controls Engineering
What we offer
You will be working in our state-of-the-art Gigafactory where you’ll solve the world’s most interesting problems with the best and brightest people who share a passion to change the world. Tesla’s compensation package includes competitive salary and Tesla shares or bonuses. Typical benefits that are offered are a pension program, 30 vacation days, employee insurances, free EV charging stations and public commuting support.