Position: Inventory Control Supervisor
Directly supervises Inventory Control Teams:
- Build a strong, motivated team capable of consistently delivering high quality performance with exceptional communication.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Ensures accurate accounting of materials used in our Manufacturing processes and warehouse locations.
- Align objectives and projects between inventory control and other stakeholders at the warehouse (warehouse operations, fulfillment operations, etc.) and in other departments
- Be an advocate for systems and process enhancements to improve inventory management processes and data accuracy.
- Work with engineering and material returns teams to identify and implement parts containments, and to disposition obsolete inventory
- Identify inventory discrepancies, research root causes, and identify process, systems, and training improvements
- Assist in implementing systematic solutions to control inventory flow, minimize shortages, and maintain accuracy in Tesla’s proprietary operations systems
- Oversee and execute inventory control transactions into proprietary operations systems (warehouse management, inventory control) including transfers, consumptions, adjustments, goods receipt, and ensuring accurate physical and financial accounting of all transactions
- Implement and continuously improve inventory control processes to drive inventory accuracy.
- Collaborate with the supply chain management team to plan for service material needs, and avoid over-/understocking
- Tesla people leaders are responsible for a variety of Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) assurance functions, including ensuring their teams’ safety training is current, documenting EHS incidents, proactively correcting workplace hazards in the areas, and empowering others to continuously improve operations.
- BS or MS in Business or Technical discipline and/or evidence of exceptional people management skills and/or demonstrated inventory analysis, production control, materials management or supply chain experience
- Analytical capabilities including data analysis to optimize inventory levels; advanced MS Excel skills required; Experience with standard ERP software and MOS is a plus
- Experience in selecting, supporting and developing new team members
- Highly level of both communication and organizational skills and a service-oriented and strong process-driven nature required
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced, ever changing environment with meticulous attention to detail while managing competing demands and tight deadlines
- Ability to work with and develop production performance metrics (efficiency, quality, safety, throughput, costs)
- Ability to work flexible shifts, including splits and/or night shifts
- As a full time Tesla employee you will receive full benefits from day 1 for you and your dependents.
- Kaiser and UnitedHealthcare PPO and HSA plans (including infertility coverage)
- 3 medical plan choices with $0 paycheck contribution
- Vision & dental plans (including orthodontic coverage)
- Company paid Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability
- 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plans, and other financial benefits
- Employee Assistance Program, Paid Time Off, and Paid Holidays
- Back-up childcare and employee discount