- Tesla is accelerating the world’s transition to sustainable energy. We design, manufacture, sell and service the world’s best solar technology, energy storage systems, and electric vehicles, providing customers the opportunity to generate, store and consume energy entirely sustainably.
Tesla is seeking to hire a Inventory Control Associate for our production facility, in Buffalo, NY
The Inventory Control associate will be primarily focused on the integrity of processes within Gigafactory 2 for raw materials through the cycle count program. This position will touch all locations and zones containing OH raw materials so a having a strong sense of process for each department is vital. This position will also do daily audits and report on accuracy failures to appropriate parties for correction and accountability. A thriving associate in this role will need strong collaboration skills and a hunger for knowledge. This role will be fast paced and will require attention in all GF2.
The successful candidate for this position takes pride in his/her hands-on and analytical abilities, organization skills and attention to detail. He/she appreciates an environment where superior work is encouraged, noticed and rewarded.
Shifts and hours are as follows:
Monday – Friday 8:00am – 4:30pm
* Related experience in inventory analysis, production control, materials management, or materials planning
* BS in Business or Technical discipline and/or evidence of exceptional experience preferred but not needed
* Analytical capabilities including data analysis to optimize inventory levels; advanced MS Excel skills required
* Experience with standard ERP software and MES/MOS is a plus
* Highly detailed and service-oriented, and strong process-driven nature strongly desired
* Lean Six Sigma/5S Process Mastery strongly desired
* Ability to work with and develop production performance metrics (efficiency, quality, safety, throughput, costs)
* Able to work well under pressure while managing competing demands and tight deadlines
* Communicate clearly using excellent written and verbal skills
* Ability to work with a team and in a fast-paced environment with minimal manager oversight
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
* Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
* Ability to work flexible shifts, including night shifts
* Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.