- Full Time
The Tesla Integration team redefines vehicle systems packaging, to optimize product design and exceed attribute and functional performance. We are comprised of high talented mechanical design engineers who love to solve challenging problems while creating the most iconic vehicles on the planet. We work closely with all the vehicle engineering teams and stakeholders across the company. Our influence extends from the initial product architecture and package development throughout the product lifecycle including concept, design, prototype, validation, and ongoing sustaining activities.
You will be the technical lead and manager of the team responsible for the hardware integration and packaging across Tesla products. Leading a team of engineers, technical program managers and engineering technicians, you will manage the delivery of hardware integration across programs and direct internal processes. In addition to exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills, you will have the strong technical skills and critical thinking required to solve multi-disciplinary engineering problems, lead design reviews, and guide the team on best practices.
- A track record of exceptional, innovative engineering achievements, across multiple products and systems
- A highly collaborative, detail-oriented personality
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills – the ability to distill and communicate complex technical information to all levels of the business
- Strong mechanical engineering fundamentals and a robust first-principals approach
- A big-picture mindset and passion for engineering of innovative and sustainable products.
- 10+ years of experience working in a fast-paced R&D environment, including at least 2 years of management experience