The Installer is an
essential part of Tesla’s Field Energy Operations team. Employees working in
this role are leading the drive towards completing Tesla’s mission—to
accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy. As an Installer,
each employee is working with the latest solar technology, building
relationships with team members, and completing the installation of our
products safely and on time.
Tesla’s ideal candidate will
have a passion for learning basic energy system construction, terminology, and
concepts. This position is an hourly role that requires working outside in
extreme environments, working at heights, and prolonged periods of repetitious
duties including lifting, bending, and standing for long periods.
- Experience in roof work, general
construction or carpentry preferred.
- Ability to safely handle power
tools, hand tools as well as materials such as ladders, inverters, solar
panels, panel boards, batteries and other similar electrical equipment, lumber,
roofing materials, etc.
- Excellent problem-solving
- Excellent attendance is
essential for the team to achieve success.
- Travel is mandatory and will
vary dependent on business needs. Employees must be able to travel for up to 2
weeks at a time, several times a year to various locations within the US.
- Valid Driver’s License Required.
- High school diploma or
- Vocational or technical school
- Must be able to work at great
heights including on rooftops, climbing ladders, and stairs
- Must be able to work in extreme
environments (example: hot sun, cold, crawl spaces, attic etc.)
- Prolonged periods of repetitious
duties including lifting, bending, and standing for long periods
- Must be able to lift at least 50
- Must meet all OSHA standards for
working at heights including:
- Ability to climb and utilize
equipment on site including various ladders rated for a maximum capacity of
- Must be able to meet equipment
standards for fall protection (harness, anchor, ropes, etc.) with a maximum
capacity of 310bs.
As a full time Tesla employee
you will receive full benefits from day 1 for you and your dependents.
- Kaiser and Aetna PPO and HSA
plans (including infertility coverage)
- 3 medical plan choices with $0
- Vision & dental plans
(including orthodontic coverage)
- Company paid Life, AD&D,
short-term and long-term disability
- 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase
Plans, and other financial benefits
- Employee Assistance Program,
Paid Time Off, and Paid Holidays
- Back-up childcare and employee
Candidates must successfully
complete and pass MVR background check