- The Tesla Energy Operations Team is a group of highly skilled, uniquely talented people passionate about working together towards the goal of accelerating the world’s transition to sustainable energy. As a leader at Tesla, we expect a proven track record of successfully managing, training, and coaching a team to success. We are seeking tenacious leaders who have what it takes to accelerate the world towards a more sustainable future. Come join us!
An Installation Supervisor is primarily engaged in the supervision, mentorship, and guidance of a local installation team so they are able to continuously develop as employees, whilst delivering to Tesla standards. The ideal candidate will provide day-to-day hands-on supervision on site to the Field Energy Operations team and report to the regional Associate Manager on safety, quality, and efficiency metrics. The Installation Supervisor will coordinate with all regional staff on materials, logistics, permits and inspections to ensure the full job cycle is complete, exceeding expectations for the customers.
- Supervisory skillset to proactively guide and train team members to ensure compliance and the ability to teach crew members on how to resolve equipment issues and failures onsite
- Strong customer service and communication skillsets, and ability to provide exceptional customer experience on site at all times
- Advanced knowledge of construction means and methods preferred
- Strong familiarity with solar and energy storage products preferred
- Ability to lead teams through change, working well under pressure to manage competing demands through tight deadlines
- Experience in establishing and maintaining positive working relationships with those contacted in the course of work, including but not limited to colleagues and customers
- Proficient using Microsoft Office and customer account management software
- Physical environment requires the employee to work both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions.
- Ability to travel overnight for more than 20% of the time, depending on region
- Travel is mandatory for all Field Operations roles and will vary dependent on the business needs. Energy Leaders will be required to travel for 20%+, depending on the needs within the local teams within the region
All candidates must successfully complete and pass MVR background check
Education and Experience
- Construction management as well as 2+ years applicable leadership development experience is preferred
- Previous related experience preferred
- Must be able to work in all outdoor weather conditions
- Constantly lift and bend to move equipment and/or supplies weighing up to 50 pounds
- Must meet all regulatory standards for working at heights including: ability to safely climb and utilize health access equipment, including ladders rated for 325 lbs., ability to utilize conventional fall protection safety equipment, to meet regulatory fall protection standards for at height work, rated at 310lbs. https://www.osha.gov/laws-regs/regulations/standardnumber/1926/1926.502