This position you will work as a member of Tesla’s Install Quality Team. The primary objective of this role is to support the installation of high-quality residential energy product (Solar Roof, Retrofit Solar, Powerwall) to ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction. The ideal candidate for this position will not only have strong technical skills: a clear understanding of roofing and residential electrical practices; but also “soft skills” such as communication, problem solving and a strong quality mindset.
- Audit residential energy job sites: go onto roofs and in customers’ homes to audit product.
- Identify failures, take pictures, and create audit reports of findings.
- Perform light rework on jobsite and create rework cases for more significant repairs.
- Attend team meetings and mandatory training sessions on new products, best installation practices, and standard workmanship guidelines.
- Managing time and tasks effectively with a sense of urgency.
- Providing an exceptional customer experience to all customers.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Vocational or technical school training preferred
- Experience in the roofing industry and an installer or similar
- Experience installing solar panels
- Experience installing home electrical
- Must be able to work at great heights including on rooftops, climbing ladders, and stairs
- Must be able to work in extreme environments (example: hot sun, cold, crawl spaces, attic etc.)
- Must meet all OSHA standards for working at heights including:
- Ability to climb and utilize equipment on site including various ladders rated for a maximum capacity of 325lbs.
- Must be able to meet equipment standards for fall protection (harness, anchor, ropes, etc.) with a maximum capacity of 310bs.