We are seeking motivated and sharp individuals to join our growing incoming quality team. This is a fast-paced environment where materials and process development is driving constant change. You will be working alongside the production and engineering teams to drive rapid improvements and sustainability of the line.
The position will be based in Santa Clara, CA at the offsite warehouse for incoming quality.
A Shift: Sun, Mon, Tues, (Wed*) 6am to 6pm.
B Shift: (Wed*), Thurs, Fri, Sat 6am to 6pm.
Shifts are fixed, do not rotate.
*Wednesday is the swing day.
- Operate in the ‘inspect, diagnose and repair’ mindset.
- Work closely with manufacturing, process, and quality teams to establish processes and procedures that will ensure consistently high quality.
- Comprehend current production quality trends based on dashboards or from occurrences in the line.
- Rapidly communicate emerging and trending quality issues.
- Execute timely corrective action for quality mitigation and containment.
- Collaborate with engineering teams to support investigation, containment and execution for strategic quality issues.
- Coach and trainer to associates regarding quality, repair and rectification.
- Flexibility for dynamic changes in day to day work as it pertains to daily quality priorities.
- Maintain quality performance metrics and drive issues to root cause solutions.
- Audit manufacturing line against released manufacturing processes and procedures.
- Assist in the identification and resolution of manufacturing quality issues, contain parts or products as needed, sort parts for quality requirements.
- Monitor quality, determine the root cause of problems and implement corrective actions and countermeasures.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities, with manufacturing and external suppliers.
- Take part in an ongoing optimization of the products with respect to both cost and production technology.
- Support FMEA activities to ensure design and manufacturing issues are identified and risks mitigated.
- Analyze and disposition component and product defects as a member of the Material Review Board.
- Analyze and interpret data independently.
- Anticipate potential problems and take preventative action.
- Experience within quality systems in a high volume manufacturing environment.
- Ability to wear PPE, which may include a full-face respirator and coveralls as needed.
- Experienced in QS-9000, ISO/TS 16949, APQP, PPAP, FMEA, DFMEA, PFMEA preferred.
- Experience with extensive problem-solving and root cause analysis
- Strong aptitude for electronic test and measurements systems.
- Proficiency in reading and interpreting mechanical drawings and wiring diagrams.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, ability to lift and sort parts of up to 30 pounds as needed.
- Detail oriented with strong record-keeping and organizational skills.
- Familiarity with basic MS Word/Excel is required
- Ability to use technological tools and business system applications to manage, synthesize, and interpret data.
- Ability to operate relevant personal computing hardware and standard software.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing practices, 5S, TPS, TQM, etc highly desired.
- GD&T Knowledge is helpful.