Tesla is accelerating the world’s transition to sustainable energy. Revolutionary strategies and products were developed within a few years and successfully launched on a large scale. This is only possible through extraordinary speed, innovative and efficiency. Gigafactory Berlin forms the perfect basis for rolling out Tesla’s incredible success story in Europe. The most important pillar for this are our employees. Their passion, motivation and engagement ensure that we achieve our goals. We are looking for you to continue and expand this success story together.
As part of the Payroll Input team, within the HR Operations Shared Services organisation, the HR Operations Specialist role will deliver first line support and day to day direction to the complete HR team in EMEA or other stakeholders, while contributing to the long-term development of key HR processes and systems.
The HR Operations Specialist is the first point of contact for our employees and they will respond to employee inquiries, by providing support, advice, problem solving, identifying solutions and escalates as needed. This position requires good judgment and extreme initiative and is accountable for the quality and productivity of requests. The HR Operations team acts as a bridge between employees and other departments e.g. Payroll, Benefits, Finance, HR Partners, etc. Work is performed under the general supervision of the HR Operations Team Lead and you will be responsible from beginning to end for a specific HR Flow; 1. Inflow (contracts & onboarding, 2. Throughflow (promotion and lateral career moves), 3. Outflow (Offboarding), 4. Benefit and Out of Office Admin and 5. Payroll Administration (input).
Responsibilities Payroll Administration (input):
- Responsible for timely collating (payroll data including RSU, ESPP, T&A, Mobility, BIK transactions,etc) and transmitting input, perform required reviews/sign-off on the applicable EMEA payrolls and working with the outsourced payroll vendor;
- Perform tasks to establish and maintain employee payroll records;
- Post changes in pay, tax status, and other miscellaneous categories;
- Process advance, termination and other out-of-cycle payments;
- Independently coordinate and liaise with our internal stakeholders and/or external parties (as required);
- Initiate best practices; develop efficiency improvements;
- Process and monitor garnishment orders and other issues that impact payroll specifications;
- Run, develop and distribute payroll and HR reports to various stakeholders in a timely and accurate manner. Manage relationships with country payroll partners to ensure timely and accurate payments, making recommendations for and implementing process improvements;
- Ensuring that all payments and reporting to Tax / Social Security authorities, Pensions etc are completed accurately and on time.
- Experience in Payroll (input) preparation
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
- Strong communication and organizational skills in addition to being detail oriented
- Customer focus & deep interest in employee relations
- Problem solver and Result oriented
- Ability to work independently, but also proven ability to work well with others in a team environment
- Working knowledge of HRIS and E-Ticketing tool. Absence Management systems a plus
- Basic knowledge of local laws, regulations, employment law guideline and policies is a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent English & German language skills, both written and spoken
What we offer:
You will be working in our state-of-the-art Gigafactory where you solve the world’s most interesting problems with the best and brightest people who share a passion to change the world. Tesla’s compensation package includes competitive salary and Tesla shares or bonusses. Typical benefits that are offered are a pension program, 30 vacation days, employee insurances, relocation and commuting support.