- Full Time
Tesla is looking to hire a Head of Project Controls to join our team who is energetic and demonstrates a passion for leading Project Controls for the major construction project, Gigafactory Mexico.
Gigafactory Mexico is the next chapter in Tesla’s incredible success story. The most important pillar for this is our employees. Their passion, motivation and engagement ensure that we achieve our goals. We are looking for you to continue and expand this success story together.
The Project Control Team’s primary objective is to support the engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC) group in the design, planning, and construction of production facilities and infrastructure. The Team does this by closely collaborating with other functional teams throughout the project lifecycle to:
1) ensure adequate definition of scope, cost, and schedule.
2) establish reasonable baselines.
3) identify and manage risk.
4) track, monitor, and report project performance.
The Team can then make valuable recommendations that drive project performance and ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget.
Tesla is seeking a seasoned Project Controls Manager with relevant construction experience to support the buildout of Tesla’s global facilities and infrastructure. This position will be directly responsible to lead and grow a team of cost, estimating, scheduling and risk professionals.
- Proven experience in delivering Controls in a major construction program (> $1 billion) (> Mex$ 18).
- 10+ years of solid experience in Cost estimating, Change Management, Cost control and pre-construction services, planning and scheduling
- Preferred background in the Manufacturing, Chemicals, Oil & Gas, Nuclear or Mining/Metals sectors
- Experience in managing a multi-functional controls team
- Proficiency with controls/ general software applications such as Primavera (P6), Power BI, Microsoft Office Applications.
- Knowledge of engineering, procurement, contracts, construction, and start-up work processes.
- Knowledge of engineering and construction management
- Experience of leading collaborative workshops
- Reliable with the ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Ability to work within a high-performance, cross-functional organization with extremely tight timelines and aggressive goals
- Strong time management skills, quick thinking, and ability to meet project deadlines as necessary
- Highly motivated and driven with a passion and can work independently
- Excellent written and spoken English and Spanish. Must have the ability to discuss technical topics with a variety of audiences – contractors, engineers, and regulatory agencies
- Strong work ethic