Tesla’s Battery Raw Materials team is looking for a highly skilled and motivated Global Supply Manager to support our development teams and contract manufacturing partners in the sourcing of Direct Supply Chain components and parts. This person will be a member of our Supply Chain Organization supporting the development, implementation, and management of strategies to provide Tesla with optimal supply assurance, pricing, flexibility, quality, and delivery performance.
The Global Supply Manager builds and leverages strong working relationships with our engineering teams and key suppliers to ensure cost, quality, and delivery targets are met. Working towards good supplier relationships and total costs of ownership to achieve maximum advantage for Tesla and our customers. Tesla is a fast moving, dynamic environment where flexibility and adaptability are key attributes needed for success. The successful candidate will be a self-starter; motivated with expert overall sourcing expertise. The goal: accelerate the transition to renewable energy.
- BS Degree in Electrical / Mechanical / Chemical / Industrial / Manufacturing Engineering, Chemistry, Materials Science or evidence of experience and exceptional ability
- Advanced degrees preferred (e.g. MS, PhD, or MBA)
- 2+ years of work experience in Process Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Supplier Industrialization Engineering or Global Supply Management role
- Prior experience with Batteries and Battery Materials preferred
- Dedication to the Tesla mission of accelerating the transition to renewable energy
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, highly dynamic environment
- Excellent team building skills in dealing with suppliers, peers, and other functional teams
- Strong technical writing ability and an ability to explain complex issues in a concise and plain manner
- Willingness to travel