Disclaimer: This position is expected to start around January 2023 and continue through the entire Winter/Spring term (i.e. through April/May) or into early Summer 2023 if available. We ask for a minimum of 12 weeks, full-time, for most internships. Please consider before submitting an application.
International Students: If your work authorization is through CPT, please consult your school before applying. You must be able to work 40 hours per week. Many students will be limited to part-time during the academic year.
Internship Program at Tesla
The Internship Recruiting Team is driven by the passion to recognize emerging talent. Our year-round program places the best students in positions where they will grow both technically and personally through their experience working closely with their manager, mentor, and team. We are dedicated to providing an experience that allows for the intern to experience life at Tesla by giving them projects that are critical to their team’s success.
Instead of going on coffee runs and making copies, you’ll be seated at the table making critical decisions that will influence not only your team, but the overall achievement of Tesla’s mission.
• Fremont, CA
• Austin, TX
What to Expect
The infrastructure design team is part of the Tesla EPC (Engineering, Procurement, Construction) department, supporting various infrastructure upgrade projects for manufacturing needs.
The fire protection engineering intern will engage with fire protection discipline functions. Under the mentorship of a staff fire protection engineer, the intern will undertake projects directed at specific topics such as fire alarm, automatic sprinkler systems, special hazard protection systems, hazardous material analysis, and code consultation/compliance. The intern will work cross-functionally with multiple teams (operations, EHS, production, security, external customers, contractors, and consultants) to design and execute projects.
- Currently enrolled Undergraduate or Graduate student with major in Fire Protection Engineering, Process Safety Engineering, or Chemical Engineering/Mechanical Engineering with focus/interest in Fire Protection or Process Safety Engineering
- Familiarity with the International Building Code, International Fire Code, NFPA 10, NFPA 13, NFPA 25 and NFPA 72
- Experience with AutoCAD and/or Revit
- Works well under pressure, cross-functionally, and can manage multiple priorities simultaneously with strict deadlines
- Demonstrate strong ability to embrace and adapt to change, take initiative, showcase curiosity, learn quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in project management or program development is a plus
- Candidate needs to be comfortable with onsite presence supporting an essential business
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a team environment