The Tesla Field Technical Specialist position requires someone who is flexible, proactive, highly organized, and hard working. Individuals should have a passion for and understanding of electric vehicles and Tesla’s mission. Must have outstanding technical, communication, presentation, and organizational skills, while demonstrating a positive and professional approach.
- Degree or Certificate from a University/College program in Automotive Technology or the equivalent in experience, as well as evidence of exceptional ability.
- Automotive Service Technician background required.
- Experience in diagnosing hardware and software systems. Previous roles performing field or remote support of complex software or hardware, like in the role of a field or remote application engineer, is extremely beneficial.
- Ability to solve unique software and hardware problems which may not have been encountered before.
- Understanding and application of electronics and electrical theory required.
- Experience using Linux based operating systems are required.
- Experience with Python, C/C++ or an equivalent scripting language are a distinct advantage.
- Ability to establish priorities and manage workload effectively and efficiently
- Aetna PPO and HSA plans > 2 medical plan options with $0 payroll deduction
- Family-building, fertility, adoption and surrogacy benefits
- Dental (including orthodontic coverage) and vision plans, both have options with a $0 paycheck contribution
- Company Paid (Health Savings Account) HSA Contribution when enrolled in the High Deductible Aetna medical plan with HSA
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- LGBTQ+ care concierge services
- 401(k) with employer match, Employee Stock Purchase Plans, and other financial benefits
- Company paid Basic Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Sick and Vacation time (Flex time for salary positions), and Paid Holidays
- Back-up childcare and parenting support resources
- Voluntary benefits to include: critical illness, hospital indemnity, accident insurance, theft & legal services, and pet insurance
- Weight Loss and Tobacco Cessation Programs
- Tesla Babies program
- Commuter benefits
- Employee discounts and perks program