- Full Time
Designing and building world-class Gigafactories, at record speed, is key to enable Tesla to scale 4680 cell production. As an extension of the leadership team, you will be asked to own portions of factory scoping, technical planning, integration of manufacturing layouts and drive the factory design and construction from concept definition, design to execution and production. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in factory engineering, manufacturing, construction, and technical program management. The role requires a first-principles mindset, a passion for driving multi-disciplinary projects, and an unparalleled ability to pull people together to make things happen.
- B.S. in Engineering and M.S. preferred, OR equivalent experience and evidence of exceptional ability.
- Engineering experience on manufacturing and industrial projects from concept to delivery.
- Experience and understanding of building and manufacturing facilities design and construction.
- Advanced project management skills and demonstrated application of project and program management fundamentals to complex engineering problems.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills with the ability to understand complex problems and distill the message into a clear plan.
- Positive, enthusiastic, fast learner, can-do mindset and passionate about manufacturing infrastructure.
- Thrives under pressure and in ambiguous environments.
- Subcontractor and consulting engineer management experience.
Preferred but not required
- Cylindrical cell manufacturing experience