- Full Time
Facilities Controls Engineer (PLC/HMI Development).
The ideal candidate takes pride in his/her hands-on work, analytical ability, organizational skills, and attention to detail. They appreciate an environment where innovative and high-quality work is encouraged, noticed, and rewarded and where individuals carry tremendous responsibility. They look forward to learning an incredible amount on the job. They are an excellent cross-team communicator, with a knack for understanding, process, mechanical, and electrical systems as well as complex controls.
- Advanced proficiency in programming industrial process: PLCs (Siemens, Allen Bradley) and Human Machine Interface (HMI / GUI – Ignition, Siemens Comfort Panel)
- Ability to program state machines, data acquisition, and PID control. Proven ability to design fault-tolerant systems with error handling and recovery
- Proficiency programming and tuning variable frequency drives
- Configuration of controls networks including:Field bus Networks (ProfiNet, DeviceNet, Ethernet/IP, Safety rated field bus networks)Serial communication (RS-232, Ethernet communications between machine PLCs and database systems
- Proficiency selecting appropriate circuit protectors, wire and cable, sensors, safety hardware, PLC hardware, remote I/O, VFD and instrumentation.
- Experience transitioning products and processes from concept to production desired Additional Skills
- Advanced proficiency in modern text-based programming languages (Python, Java, C, VB) is a plus
- Advanced proficiency in database systems (MSSQL, MySQL, Access) is a plus
- Exposure to a wide variety of industrial sensors, and equipment (Level, temperature and pressure transducers, current and power meters, etc.) is a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of root cause analysis techniques and risk analysis methods such as FMEA is a plus
- Ability to work in teams and collaborate effectively with people in different functions
- Ability to take the initiative and drive for results
- Strong time management skills that enable on-time project delivery
- Ability to work effectively in an interrupt-driven, fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Possess strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated strong customer service orientation and ability to take ownership for issue resolution
- Expert knowledge of fire protection systems
- Ability to analyze existing systems and associated monitoring equipment to troubleshoot and resolve problems