Disclaimer: This position is expected to start around May or June 2023 and continue through the entire Summer term (i.e., through August) or into early Fall 2023 if available. We ask for a minimum of 12 weeks, full-time, for most internships. Please consider before applying.
International Students: If your work authorization is through CPT, please consult your school on your ability to work 40 hours per week before applying. Again, please do not apply until you know you can work 40 hours per week. This is required for external applicants. Many students will be limited to part-time during the academic year.
Internship Program at Tesla
The Internship Recruiting Team is driven by the passion to recognize emerging talent. Our year around program places the best students in positions that they will grow both technically and personally through their experience working closely with their Manager, Mentor, and team. We provide an experience that allows for the intern to experience life at Tesla by giving them projects that are critical to their team’s success.
About the Team
This internship will provide opportunities to work with the North American Public Policy & Business Development team on policy and business development, market analysis, and strategic engagement at the state and local level. The incumbent will focus on renewable energy and EV charging policy, public utility regulation, and renewable energy market opportunities, with an opportunity to learn and grow, working across the team to support its full range of efforts.
- Currently pursuing a graduate or undergraduate degree in relevant field such as Political Science, Public Policy, International Studies, Economics or Business Administration with a focus on energy and sustainability
- Direct experience with energy and/or environmental policy is preferred
- Able to make a 6 month commitment at minimum
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Capable of working in a fast paced and always changing environment
- Capable of working remotely with a high degree of productivity
- Self-starting and solutions oriented
- A strong team player