Equipment Safety Engineer – Gigafactory Berlin
Environment, Health & Safety (EHS)
Gigafactory Berlin, Germany
Tesla is accelerating the world’s transition to sustainable energy. Revolutionary strategies and products were developed within a few years and successfully launched on a large scale.
This is only possible through extraordinary speed, innovation and efficiency.
Gigafactory Berlin-Brandenburg forms the perfect basis for rolling out Tesla’s incredible success story in Europe. The most important pillar for this are our employees.
Their passion, motivation and engagement ensure that we achieve our goals. We are looking for you to continue and expand this success story together.
Reporting to the Machine and Equipment Lead the Equipment Safety Engineer – Giga Berlin ensures that machinery and equipment complies with all local regulatory requirements, conducts equipment risk assessments, and supports installation and equipment commissioning activities.
This role will provide technical support for the development of machinery and equipment design, assists with on-site and ongoing site assessment, and installation and commissioning.
The ideal candidate has strong technical knowledge in machine and workplace safety, automation and safety controls.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Carrying out safety and conformity assessments of manufacturing equipment based on local legal regulations during the development phase.
- Support the development team in safety-related issues relating to EU directives, but also in special topics such as laser radiation and robotics.
- Carry out safety-related evaluations for the acceptance of machines
- Conduct routine on-site inspections to ensure continued machine safety throughout EMEA
- Support the EHS team on special projects, inspections, and assessments
- Participate in design review, installation, and commissioning of new equipment installed in our Vehicle Manufacturing, Powertrain and other facilities.
- Proactive contact with various (EHS) departments of the different Tesla locations worldwide in order to adapt safety-related processes to the respective local legislation of the location.
Skills and Experience:
- Science Degree or equivalent in Mechanical, Chemical or Electrical Engineering or related field.
- Experience with the application of EU directives as well as related harmonized standards.
- Extensive experience in plant safety and in conducting the conformity assessment process for CE marking of machinery.
- Knowledge in electrical safety, functional safety, machine guarding, lasers and radiation safety, and automated equipment (robotics)
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of employees and leadership
- Ability to work in a challenging and fast paced, collaborative environment;
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently under pressure while managing competing demands and tight deadlines;
- Able to identify and work on business-driven needs, EHS Strategy or emerging risks;
- Builds (global) relationships through collaboration both within and outside of EHS, strong communication skills;
- Well organized with meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Fluent in German and English;
- Mastery of Microsoft 365, including SharePoint;
- Willingness to travel should be present.
What we offer
You will be working in our state-of-the-art Gigafactory where you’ll solve the world’s most interesting problems with the best and brightest people who share a passion to change the world. Tesla’s compensation package includes competitive salary and Tesla shares or bonusses. Typical benefits that are offered are a pension program, 30 vacation days, employee insurances, relocation and commuting support.