As a Tesla Maintenance Technician, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the operational availability of a wide array of manufacturing equipment. You will apply your technical skills to install, maintain and repair mechanical and electrical systems, factory automation and robotics. You will work with the highest caliber process and equipment engineering teams to improve equipment reliability and minimize or eliminate downtime. Tesla’s Equipment Maintenance is also the first-responding problem solvers who manage machine breakdown recoveries to keep production running. This is a physically demanding job working in tight spaces, requiring walking and standing all day, as well as, bending, squatting, kneeling, climbing ladders and lying on the ground intermittently throughout the day. In addition, the technician may wear a fall protection harness while working from heights or from a suspended position. Maintenance Technicians will lift up to 50 lbs. and utilize other hand tools and power tools as needed.
· Five (5) or more years of experience working in a maintenance capacity on production manufacturing equipment and/or have equivalent training or relevant education.
· Verbal and written communication skills (able to understand and record maintenance procedures, shift pass downs, etc.)
· Ability to read and interpret detailed mechanical assembly drawings and accurately measure and inspect tolerances
· Advanced computer skills (able to use job-specific PC applications and coach other users)
· Solid electrical knowledge (has a thorough understanding of electrical requirements and hazards)
· Advanced skills with volt meter to check AC/DC voltage, able to diagnose issues, able to use a schematic diagram to troubleshoot electrical systems
· Proficient with pneumatics-solenoid valves, actuator and control operations and can read schematics
· Proficient with basic hydraulic system operations
· Ability to analyse problems and error conditions, identify root causes, and implement viable long-term solutions
· Safety oriented
· Ability to work off-shifts, as needed