As a Tesla Maintenance Technician, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the operational availability of a wide array of manufacturing equipment. You will apply your technical skills to install, maintain and repair mechanical and electrical systems, factory automation and robotics. You will work with the highest caliber process and equipment engineering teams to improve equipment reliability and minimize or eliminate downtime. Tesla’s Equipment Maintenance Technicians are also the first-responding problem solvers who manage machine breakdown recoveries to keep production running.
A Shift: 7am – 7pm Sun, Mon, Tues, (Wed*)
B Shift: 7am – 7pm Thurs, Fri, Sat, (Wed*)
C Shift: 7pm – 7am Sun, Mon, Tues, (Wed*).
*Wednesday is the swing day.
- Display a positive attitude and practice strong work ethics that reflects the mission, philosophy and goals of Tesla.
- Maintain manufacturing production tools to optimal working order.
- Perform all scheduled preventative maintenance activities and assist in creation and maintenance of associated documentation.
- Troubleshoot root cause of tool errors and substandard performance in a cost effective manner. This includes but not limited to: PLC troubleshooting, electro-mechanical systems, components, electronic sensors and switches.
- Respond quickly to resolve unanticipated equipment problems.
- Work with Production Engineering team to optimize tool performance and related continuous improvement activities.
- Participate and lead tool escalations, tool installations ,/or upgrades. Interface effectively with vendors and their field service engineer’s onsite or via telephone support.
- Attend scheduled corporate training and meetings.
- Support other projects as needed by management as business needs change.
- Evidence of exceptional ability.
- Experience with interpreting schematics, troubleshooting and repairing electro-mechanical systems and components, hydraulic and pneumatic components, vacuum systems, vision systems, AC motor controls and PLC troubleshooting. PLC programming is NOT required.
- Working knowledge of sensors, switches, lasers, dispensers, robotics, and conveyance systems.
- Experience with fabrication, welding, machining is highly desired, but not required.
- Experience and knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles.
- Demonstrated safe work practices, able to lift up to 60 lbs.
- Exhibit a positive attitude and effective communication skills.