Gigafactory Berlin-Brandenburg marks a defining moment in Europe for Tesla’s mission of accelerating the world’s transition to sustainable energy. Here we will launch revolutionary products on a massive scale, using extraordinary speed, innovation and efficiency. Our employees will ensure that we achieve our goals, and we welcome you to help us write the next chapter of our success story.
Tesla is seeking a dynamic and creative Environmental Engineer/Specialist to join the Global Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Team and contributes to environmental compliance for Gigafactory Berlin manufacturing operations regarding Circular Economy and Waste Management. Reporting to the Environmental Leadership at the Gigafactory, he or she will be responsible for ensuring Tesla operates in permit and legal compliance, regulations during all phases of site operations and with a focus on the areas: Battery, Cell and Drive Unit. This position will also serve as environmental subject matter expert for Circular Economy, Recycling and Waste Management.
This position will be based in Berlin, Germany area and will require some limited international travel (up to 10% of the time) to Tesla’s North American and EMEA operations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental or Chemical Engineering,
Environmental Science or a closely related EHS discipline; alternatively,
the equivalent in experience
- 3 or more years of experience managing
environmental compliance programs and waste
management for manufacturing facilities and/or
- Experience in Battery or Cell recycling and the
qualification as certified Waste Management Officer is a plus
- Strong technical knowledge and skills implementing and complying with
the national and related international Waste Management and Circular Economy regulations at a large manufacturing facility
- Evidence of exceptional ability and demonstrated success managing Waste
Management, Circular Economy and recycling
- Fluent in German and English (verbal and written)
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
Additional Desired Qualifications
- Advanced degree in Environmental or Chemical Engineering, Environmental
Science, or a closely related EHS discipline, and/or evidence of exceptional
- Further certifications of Environmental Representatives or other globally recognized accredited certification in EHS.
- Previous experience in automotive or energy storage product
What we offer:
You will be working in our state-of-the-art Gigafactory where you’ll solve the world’s most interesting problems with the best and brightest people who share a passion to change the world. Tesla’s compensation package includes a competitive salary and Tesla shares or bonuses. Typical benefits that we provide are 30 vacation days, an occupational pension, employee life and disability insurances, free EV charging, product discounts and various transportation benefits.