Support engineering groups while working within the research and development of battery electronics systems, including fabricating test setups, fixtures, cable harnesses, troubleshooting PCBA issues in a high voltage lab environment.
· Read electronic schematics, mechanical drawings and plumbing diagrams or work from written / verbal instructions using little or no formally released documentation.
· Fabricate cable harnesses, familiar with various connector types and crimp tools, automotive a plus
· Familiar with test equipment such as oscilloscopes, DMMs, signal generators, power supplies and other standard EE lab equipment
· Familiar and comfortable with hand tools and some power tools. Knowledge of machine shop practices a plus
· Familiar with PCBA rework and soldering preferred
· Construct, test, and repair prototype devices under test.
· Troubleshoot various systems using documentation, instrumentation, and input from engineer
· Experience building high current, high voltage test fixtures and knowledge of high voltage safety
· Familiarity in fabrication with aluminum t-slot extrusion medium
· Navigate computer systems and software necessary to perform test using programs such as LabView, Python, and Golang
· Familiarity with MySQL, Solidworks, CATIA, Altium, JIRA a plus
· CNC programming and operation experience a plus
· Organize lab space and keep working station clean
· Associate degree or equivalent experience.
· Research and Development lab experience.
· Strong skills in problem solving, communication, personal effectiveness, quality and common sense, team player, organization, multi-tasks management.
· Good documentation skills, and attention to details.
· Self-starter, motivated person.
· Ability to regularly lift 40 lbs.