- The Quality Engineering organization plays a key role in ensuring safety of our customers by providing world class Quality of our products. The Factory Field Quality team specifically serves as a critical bridge between Quality Engineering/factory teams, the “field” (sales, service, delivery locations), and partner engineering teams across the business. Accurate data is the key to solving the right customer concerns as quickly as possible, and the Data Technician plays a vital role in delivering that accuracy.
The successful candidate must have the ability to meet tight deadlines, have strong interpersonal and communication skills, be detail oriented, and have the ability to work independently. He/she must establish and maintain a professional working relationship with line supervisors, operators, engineers, and field personnel.
- Proven track record as a fast-moving problem solver capable of delivering concise, actionable feedback
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing quality control environment, or recent graduate with bachelor’s degree in a technical or mathematical field
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience with Excel and Powerpoint required, or proven track record of quickly learning new digital programs
- Strong written communication skills, able to tailor communication between non-technical and technical audiences
- A passion and curiosity for data, systems and data driven decision making
- Previous mechanical inspection background with ability to use basic and precision measurement tools (calipers, micrometers, thread gauges etc.) is a plus
- Ability to read and interpret basic mechanical drawings is a plus