- The Battery Engineering Team is seeking a highly-motived Engineering Technician to help us develop the next generation of High Voltage Batteries, while relentlessly improving our existing products. Our design requirements push the limits of physical possibility, which requires you to be extremely detail oriented and to hold your work to the highest standards of quality. Our team drives collaboration with many engineering groups, requiring a team player mentality. Tesla moves quickly, so being self-motivated and disciplined is critical. You must be passionate, but direction changes quickly, so you must also be resilient. Our small team makes the batteries for all our Electric Vehicles and all our Energy Storage Products.
- · Preferred: Associate’s Degree, with extensive practical experience as an automotive or electronics engineering technician an acceptable alternative.
· Preferred: Valid High Voltage training certificate from an OEM or demonstrated working knowledge of battery powered systems
· Mechanical fabrication skills, machine shop experience, expert with hand and power tools
· Knowledge in use of standard electronics lab tools including AC/DC meters, Oscilloscopes, AC/DC power supplies
· Experience with metrology and data acquisition
· Strong understanding of physics and engineering fundamentals
· Methodical and diligent, works with a strong sense of quality and craft
· Creative approach to problem solving, with willingness to learn and try new things
· Is self-directing, able to work across the entire organization to collect parts and information to execute job responsibilities
· Excellent documentation and written communication; proficient using Microsoft Office
· Warehousing/forklift experience (able to lift 45lbs