- Battery Cells are the common denominator for every Tesla product. Our product requirements demand ground-up cell architectures with state-of-the-art performance, manufactured at volumes that are orders of magnitude higher than the products they power. Our environment is fast-paced and incredibly exciting, so being passionate and self-motivated to push your limits is critical. Our team works with engineering groups across various disciplines, requiring strong communication skills and a team-first mentality. You will work alongside seasoned industry experts, high aptitude recent graduates, and people from every stage in between. We look for anyone with an exceptional ability to solve problems in both individual and team settings.
We are looking for engineering technician to join a team working at a remote off-grid test site near the Nevada Gigafactory. In this role, you would continue growing the site infrastructure, build test equipment, and maintain the facility. In addition, the role would entail working alongside multiple test engineers supporting various programs. You would frequently setup, execute, and post examine destructive tests. As a result, you would help ensure that electric vehicles and energy storage systems are robust to high levels of abuse
- Safety driven attitude
- Mechanically inclined; able to work with basic hand tools
- Ability to perform tests on complicated systems
- Strong computer skills and ability to learn new software
- Experience with energy storage systems
- Prior experience in testing role
- Experience with high voltage, flammable materials, hazardous materials, chemical hazards or related
- Experience with data acquisition systems
- ME/EE Experience; Able to use MCAD or ECAD software
- Experience with CAN bus.