- Full Time
Tesla’s Energy Engineering group is looking for a highly motivated individual to program manage existing and new design engineering for the Megapack program. This is a cross-functional role that requires coordination between many different groups within and outside of Tesla. You will interface with design engineering, manufacturing engineering and operations, supply chain, compliance, reliability, and field operations to define and drive development of new product programs while also managing change on existing programs.
As part of the design engineering team, you will be immersed
in the design and manufacturing engineering process and will shepherd projects
from concept through to prototype validation and then production ramp. You will
use your engineering background to understand the product and manufacturing
requirements, technical risks and the validation strategy to accelerate the
development and manufacturing bring up process. You will communicate and
present project status, highlight schedule risk, and develop recovery plans in
the event of project slip.
As an Engineering Program Manager, you will be expected to operate with a high degree of autonomy on your programs while contributing to the development of tools and processes that improve the organization’s productivity.
You will be based out of the Bay Area (Palo Alto) with the expectation
of some travel to our manufacturing facilities in either California or Nevada,
as program needs dictate.
- Demonstrated experience in the management of engineering projects for mass produced products
- Demonstrated experience with manufacturing line bring up and ramp to mass production
- Demonstrated understanding of the engineering product design cycle
- Demonstrated experience creating, maintaining and communicating schedules
- Demonstrated understanding of multilevel Bill of Material hierarchy, including hardware and software components
- Demonstrated understanding of product release cycle as it relates to the creation and change management of parts and BOM structures
- Ability to inspire confidence in multiple layers of management from executive to associate levels, as the face of your programs
- Detail oriented with strong record-keeping and organizational skills
- Skills with common program management tools, software and practices
- Ability to work cross-functionally with engineering, production, and supply chain personnel
- BS in an engineering discipline, preferably Electrical, Mechanical, Manufacturing, or a closely related field