We’re looking for an innovative, hands-on leader for the Service Tooling and Equipment team. This team is responsible for specifying, designing, and validating all tools and equipment used to service Tesla electric vehicles world-wide. As the manager, you will oversee all aspects of project selection, development, and specification. You will work with internal customers to identify and develop practical solutions to enable fast, seamless, and revolutionary service
Joining this team is a rare opportunity to become part of a world-class organization, supporting the latest EV technology. We are setting the standard that will continue to transform and revolutionize the automotive industry. As the ideal candidate, you are an exceptional leader and passionate about your work. You thrive in a dynamic, fast paced environment. You lead by example to coach and mentor those around you, while learning from them
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Mechatronics, Electrical Engineering, or a related degree. Advanced degree preferred
- 3+ years leading technical teams in a fast-paced, resource constrained high ambiguity environment
- 5+ years of experience designing products or tooling for high tech industries, taking projects from concept to release and production. Automotive experience is a plus but not required.
- Solid understanding of a broad range of engineering skills, including structural analysis, GD&T, DFM, electrical circuit design, system level schematics and power budgets.
- Working experience of CAD SW such as CATIA (preferred), Solidworks or Inventor.
- Experience with manufacturing techniques, such as CNC machining, injection molding, casting, welding, and sheet metal fabrication
- Experience in manual and semi-automated mechanical assembly, process development and evaluation is highly desirable but not required.
- Experience in Lean manufacturing and TPS
- Strong analytical and experimental skills, with demonstrated ability to plan and conduct technical tasks to solve engineering problems.
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills: ability to distill and communicate complex technical information to less technical audiences and executive stakeholders.
- Ability to collaborate in a fast-paced team environment: pro-active team player who thinks ahead, plans, and suggests solutions
- Comfortable with ambiguity: positive attitude toward change and inevitable mid-project course corrections.
- Ability to effectively handle multiple priorities, organize workload, and meet deadlines
- As a full time Tesla employee you will receive full benefits from day 1 for you and your dependents.
- Kaiser and UnitedHealthcare PPO and HSA plans (including infertility coverage)
- 3 medical plan choices with $0 paycheck contribution
- Vision & dental plans (including orthodontic coverage)
- Company paid Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability
- 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plans, and other financial benefits
- Employee Assistance Program, Paid Time Off, and Paid Holidays
- Back-up childcare and employee discount