Engineering Manager, Infrastructure Programs
Tesla is looking for an Infrastructure Engineering Manager to work on large scale ground-up Engineering-Procurement-Construction project that requires exceptional talent. The product portfolio is expanding with never-built-before production lines, and requirements demand cell production volume at a scale which was once thought to be impossible to reach. Our environment is fast-paced and incredibly exciting. Required commitment is that you bring in your passion for advancing energy sustainability, your desire to work on difficult problems pushing the limits, your willingness to value team success beyond your own, and your unwavering positive attitude towards sustained hard work. The position is located in Sparks, NV.
In this role, you will be asked to lead an engineering team and own the full design and engineering efforts for construction and infrastructure development from concept to production. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in engineering, construction, manufacturing and project management.
The role requires a highly organized mindset, a passion for driving multi-disciplinary projects, and an unparalleled ability to pull people together to make things happen. Our programs execution approach requires you to be extremely detail oriented, question requirements, identify real barriers and drive the cross-functional teams to execute quickly at high quality. You will own and drive execution of the Engineering disciplines working directly with Construction, Manufacturing and Production to ensure our team’s goals are aligned with company priorities. You will work to understand the opportunities and challenges of each project. You will aim to make our team efficient and effective while reducing ambiguity from programs. We are a demanding and fast-paced environment, so being self-motivated and disciplined is critical. Managing the resources and schedules of projects at our organization requires an individual who is passionate about our mission and is focused on collaborative solutions. This position will be located in Sparks Nevada.
· B.S. in Engineering, M.S preferred but not required
· Experience managing multi-disciplinary scopes within A/E and 3rd party engineering design firms. At least 10+ years of experience
· Ability to interact with C level executives on project status and needs
· Excellent communication and documentation skills with ability to understand complex problems and distill the message into a clear plan to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
· Experience designing manufacturing facilities and site infrastructure (e.g. building and utilities)
· Fully understanding all engineering disciplines and be able to demonstrate skills to manage engineering resources
· Experience working with codes and jurisdictions and be able to build strong relationships with external partners
· Advanced project management skills, demonstrated application of project and program management fundamentals to complex engineering problems
· Ability to effectively execute many projects and tasks in parallel
· Positive, enthusiastic, fast learner, can-do mindset and passionate about manufacturing infrastructure
· Thrives under pressure and in ambiguous environments