- Full Time
At Tesla, we have the need to move at warp speed with our supply chain evolution as we embark on transformational changes in the coming months. We have an ambitious vision with an exciting portfolio of programs to enable Tesla’s future.
As a Energy Coordinator, Projects and Data Analysis, you will be responsible for strategizing and executing the roadmap for bringing Service and Energy Distribution Centers together as one process. You will also have responsibilities relating to the facilitation and implementation of new supply chain strategies across the Energy DC team. You will drive projects across multiple geographies and collaborate with cross-functional teams to help standardize and fully operationalize all sites including both Energy and Service DC’s in North America. This role will help us integrate and bring to life the combination of all Energy and Service related distribution activities under one roof while helping drive safe and efficient standard operating procedures.
- Own and drive distribution capability scale up from concept to completion
- Gather requirements and drive solutions by closely collaborating with internal & external stakeholders through all roadmap stages
- Build business cases, organize teams, set and track objectives, manage operational changes, and transition projects to operations.
- Translate distribution requirements to drive objectives and timelines for real estate, construction, facilities, security, and IT infrastructure teams.
- Champion project management practices
- Create and spearhead project plans, define success, and drive execution to meet critical milestones and organizational objectives.
- Determine deliverables and resource needs – people, capital, equipment, etc.; identify risks and action plan(s) across all project stages.
- Develop and manage project budget by monitoring and controlling costs; determine and mitigate cost risks to timelines and scope.
- Drive the projects in coordination with all Process Engineers within the Energy Team.
- Design and execute detailed complex activities involved in a DC launch – facility build out, inventory relocation, systems installation, staffing ramp, transportation setups, etc.
- 5+ years of experience in supply chain, industrial engineering, and project management; especially in launching distribution center operations or supply chain capabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Industrial Engineering or MBA preferred and/or relevant experience.
- Excellent communications skills with ability to influence cross functional stakeholders.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD for facility designs and SQL for data analytics.
- Open-minded self-starter with the ability to adapt, improvise and problem solve.
- Ability to work independently on multiple tasks and project with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of dynamics of facility launches for distribution, MHE, and inventory management.
- Proven ability to design workable solutions and drive projects to successful implementation.