As an Electrician with the Self Perform Construction team you will have the opportunity to work on all phases of commercial construction.
- Working as a team with the entire construction department, the construction electrician performs a new installation of: power distribution, transformers, and lighting, temporary construction power and electrical equipment up to 480 VAC.
- Maintaining and troubleshooting various types of electrical components.
- Uses complex electrical schematics and blueprints to plan work scopes, install requested improvements, and troubleshoot and correct problems.
- Consulting manuals, reading and interpreting diagrams, P&IDs, blueprints, and schematics.
- Performs a wide variety of job scopes.
- Displays positive attitudes and practices good work ethics that reflects the mission, philosophy, and goals of the company.
- Complete tasks in a timely manner and provide feedback
- Must have a minimum of 5+ years of Electrician journeyman level or higher experience in industrial or commercial settings
- Knowledge in using hand tools, electrical meter, and testing equipment
- Efficient in sizing conductors, conduits and using NEC Code Book.
- Experienced in handling low to high voltage up to 480 VAC.
- Experience in medium voltage a plus
- Strong knowledge in installing and troubleshooting of PLCs, motor controls, drives, and electronic components a plus
- Ability to interpret electrical prints and schematics
- Ability to install electrical equipment and circuit modification
- Ability to produce parts lists and work plans based off drawings or field walks and routing
- Ability to produce as-built drawing for work performed
- Ability to test and commission all work per Tesla procedures and building department code
- Ability to complete job scopes outside of normal core competencies as required
- Strong working knowledge of job site safety with the ability to thoroughly evaluate job hazards and complete pre-work task planning with an emphasis on identifying electrical hazards and proper safety procedures
- Ability to work in high elevation up to 80 ft. high
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, along with the ability to interact with all levels of management; must have a high degree of initiative, and the ability to work alone and effectively with other people