- In this role you’ll work closely with the Compliance Engineers.
You’ll assist with product preparation and test, interface with regulatory bodies to plan and execute product and component certifications. You’ll support the development and realization of automated test systems and manage test assets. You’ll install and setup test samples and infrastructure (equipment).
You’ll be required to work on ELV, LV and HV systems both within the Tesla Laboratory and external testing facilities.
Maintain ISO 17025 QMS accreditation, and the smooth running of the laboratory including the
purchasing of consumables, equipment and services including calibration management.
A high degree of integrity and ethics are required for this regulatory role.
- Academic discipline in Electronics Technology, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent
- 2 years + of experience in an engineering development environment
- Experience with NEC NFPA 70
- Strong understanding of engineering fundamentals
- Proven track record working with in a laboratory environment
- Strong soldering, electronics fabrication and wire harness skills
- Strong mechanical fabrication skills
- Machine shop and electrical prototyping skills
- Experience with common MS office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Positive attitude, eagerness to learn and ability to change direction quickly
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Experience with a wide range of test equipment including oscilloscopes and DMMs
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Multi-tasking skills, with the ability to self-prioritize