Disclaimer: This position is expected to start around January 2023 and continue through the entire Winter/Spring term (i.e. through April/May) or into early Summer 2023 if available. We ask for a minimum of 12 weeks, full-time, for most internships. Please consider before applying.
International Students: If your work authorization is through CPT, please consult your school on your ability to work 40 hours per week before applying. Again, please do not apply until you know you can work 40 hours per week. Many students will be limited to part-time during the academic year.
Internship Program at Tesla
The Internship Recruiting Team is driven by the passion to recognize and develop emerging talent. Our year-round program places the best students in positions where they will grow technically, professionally, and personally through their experience working closely with their Manager, Mentor, and team. We are dedicated to providing an experience that allows the intern to experience life at Tesla by including them in projects that are critical to their team’s success. Instead of going on coffee runs and making copies, our interns have a seat at the table and make critical decisions that will influence not only their team, but the overall achievement of Tesla’s mission.
About the team
Tesla is looking for a skilled and motivated individual to perform electrical engineering activities for our Energy Products design team. This individual will collaborate with a cross-functional team of engineers to deliver innovative, best in class products that support Tesla’s mission to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy.
• Working toward BS or higher degree in Electrical Engineering (MSEE preferred)
• Out of classroom relevant project experience (Formula SAE, solar car, internships, etc.)
• Familiarity with use of DSPs, microcontrollers, and programmable logic devices
• Familiarity with digital communication busses (CAN, Ethernet, RS-485, USB, SPI, I2C, etc.)
• Familiarity with analog sensors and signal conditioning circuits
• Familiarity with board level power supplies (buck, boost, flyback, etc.)
• Proficiency with basic EE tools (scopes, network analyzers, etc.)
• Familiarity with wireless communication features (cellular, Wi-Fi)
• Experience with PCB layout, plane definition, and EMC optimization
• Embedded programming of DSPs, microcontrollers, and programmable logic devices
• Experience working on high voltage, high power systems