Tesla is looking for a highly
motivated Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) Technician to join the
Environment, Health, and Safety (EHS) Team. The EHS Technician will work daily with
frontline operations teams, regional EHS personnel, regional business partners,
Environmental Affairs and Sustainability team, and other EHS technicians to
ensure our product distribution centers (PDC) meet their EHS objectives and
comply with applicable local, state and federal regulations and internal
standards. The ideal candidate is an excellent communicator, self-driven and
works well with cross-functional teams. The ideal candidate also takes pride in
his/her analytical abilities, organization skills and attention to detail. He/she
appreciates a setting where superior work is encouraged, recognized, and
rewarded. This position may occasionally travel to other PDC or SSD sites.
- High school diploma or GED. Associates degree in Environmental Sciences,
Occupational health and Safety etc. preferred, but not required.
- 2+ years of experience in high tech industry or similar
environment implementing and supporting EHS programs.
- Completion of coursework or training on EHS topics preferred, but
not required. Examples include but are not limited to:
- OSHA 10 or OSHA 30 – General Industry certification
- Hazard Communication OSHA Training
- Forklift Operation Certification
- Hazardous Waste Generator RCRA Training
- Hazardous Waste Shipper DOT Training
- HAZWOPER 40 Training
- Practical, hands-on experience with the following:
- Workplace inspections
- Hazard recognition and control
- Material handling safety and ergonomics
- Powered industrial vehicle safety
- Training, coaching and guiding people in EHS topics
- Hazardous/other regulated waste management
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English. Fluency
in Spanish preferred, but not required.
- Able to communicate and engage effectively with management, EHS
leaders, site operations teams, contractors and vendors.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently under pressure and
self-directed. Well organized with meticulous attention to detail.
- Comfortable working with software tools such as Outlook, Word,
PowerPoint and Excel.
- Ability and willingness to travel occasionally to other work sites